St John Ambulance
About St John AmbulanceSt John Ambulance Cadets are Young People aged 10-17 within St John Ambulance. The Cadet programme has life saving skills at the heart of it with lots of other opportunities to go alongside. The programme covers a wide range of activities and opportunities for young people. As a member of a Cadet unit, a young person will have the opportunity to gain awards, learn first aid and take part in volunteering activities operationally whether this is through Events, Logistics, Communications and much more!
The Cadet programme goes back over a hundred years encompassing some of the most enriching and varied topics young people can learn about. Cadets will get involved in...
- Learning First Aid and volunteering at local and national events
- Engaging in social action and helping their local community
- Learning about health and wellbeing
- Developing confidence and communication skills through Cadet leadership training
- Enjoying a wide range of outdoor and adventurous activities
Cadets are organised into local units in which they can develop their skills and build relationships as a team. However, cadets will also have opportunities to take part in activities on a wider level, in regional, national or even international activities in St John.