Scan me or visit www.go-vip.co.uk/o/Break1/activities/Volunteer-Mentoring/76100 to join
SummaryBecome a volunteer mentor for one of our care experienced young people. Volunteers are ordinary people like you making an extraordinary difference.
You may have had an informal mentor in your own youth without realising it. A teacher who always made you feel heard? A sports coach who motivated you to the next goal? Or maybe a relative who made time to help you out?
We know that ordinary people can make an extraordinary difference just by being there as a safe and consistent adult for the younger generation. Our young people are diverse, so we need volunteers from diverse backgrounds too.
You will be:
- 21 years or over.
- Calm, friendly and a good listener.
- Empathic and non-judgemental.
- Enjoy nurturing the potential in young people.
- Happy to be active.
- Able to adhere to our safeguarding policy.
- Keen to empower the young person to discover who they are and make positive life choices.
- Our young people have said that top of their list is a good sense of humour!